Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pretty in Provence

All I can think about besides moving is that I can't wait to take a vacation after it's over.  A "sit around and read a book all day" type of vacation that is actually relaxing.  I wish I knew Atlanta based designer Ginny Magher because I am completely in love with her 18th-century farmhouse, Le Mas de Baraquet, in Provence, France, and would beg her to let me stay there  I came across it in an old issue of UK House & Garden magazine that I was cleaning out in preparation for moving.  I'm glad I flipped through it before throwing it away because what really grabbed my attention were the gardens designed by Dominque Lafourcade.  If you really want to be impressed, check out this blog post about the before and after of gardens and interior shots of the house.  Dominique's husband, Bruno Lafourcade, and son, Alexandre, who are both architects restored the farmhouse as well. When I buy a farm in Provence, I'm definitely hiring everyone involved to help me too!